Notification Rules give users the flexibility to be alerted via different channels when configured conditions are met. With Notification Rules you can configure:
- Time based conditions to match
- Time between notification channels
- Repeat notification cycles
Example - Phone Notifications After Business Hours
Consider the following real-world example:
- A user would like to be notified via Slack during business hours and have this cycle repeat up to 2 more times, until acknowledged.
- During any other time (ex: while sleeping), they should be notified via SMS, then 1 minute later receive a voice notification. This cycle should repeat up to 2 more times, until acknowledged.
To configure notification rules:
- Click your name in the upper right-hand corner. Then click Profile.
- Click the cogs icon in the upper right-hand corner of the Notification Settings section.
- Click the Add Rule link, to add rules. Configure them to your needs.
- Click Save.