Slack Channel Stakeholder Notifications
Recently, while working with a customer, I saw a really cool use of PagerTree’s Stakeholder Notifications to send messages into a Slack channel. They did this by using the Slack’s Email to Slack integration along with PagerTree’s Stakeholder notifications. Today I’d like to share with you how they did it.
To get started, you’ll need several things.
Create a Stakeholder Channel
From your Slack workspace:
- In the left hand menu, click the + button, next to the Channels.
- In the Create a channel form, let’s add the name of the group to be stakeholders, then click the Create Channel button.
Create the Slack Email Integration
- In your browser, navigate to the Slack Email Integration.
- Click the Install Button.
- Select the #stakeholders channel we just created above, then click Add Email Integration
- Copy the email address that slack provides you.
- Click Save Integration
- In PagerTree, navigate to the team page.
- In the upper right hand corner, click the Add / Edit Stakeholder Communications button.
- Paste the Slack email you copied earlier in the emails input.
- Select the appropriate events.
- Click the Save button.
🚀 Now test it out by manually creating an incident in PagerTree. You should see Slack shows a notification in the #stakeholder channel.
I hope you found this useful, and can use it to keep stakeholders informed during ongoing incidents.