In this administrators guide, we’ll cover the important concepts that will build a foundation for your understanding of how PagerTree works. We’ll also provide you with the resources you need for successfully onboarding your team to PagerTree.
If you haven’t already, please watch the 6 minute quick start video. It will answer many questions you might have.
In PagerTree there are 2 permission levels, Administrator and Non-Administrator. Their abilities are outlined in the following table.
|Users||view, add, edit, delete, invite||view, edit themselves only|
|Teams||view, add, edit, delete||view|
|Integrations||view, add, edit, delete||view|
|Maintenance Windows||view, add, edit, delete||view|
|Stakeholders||view, add, edit, delete||view|
|Routers||view, add, edit, delete||view|
|Automations||view, add, edit, delete, run||view, run|
In addition to the above there are special permissions, namely:
- Billing Administrator - ability to view, add, update billing information and subscription
- Broadcast - ability to create broadcasts
Most of the user on-boarding experience is automated. As an administrator there are several options to onboard your team.
- Flow #1 - Admin Creates User - Works best for small teams (up to 10 users)
- Flow #2 - Invite Link - Works best for medium teams (between 10-50 users)
- Flow #3 - Mass Import - Works best for large teams (51+ users)
|Note||It's imperitive that users click the invite link in the e-mail! Only by using the invite link can they join your account.|
|hint||It would be a good idea to tell your security team and users to expect an invite email from PagerTree before adding them to PagerTree.|
If a user receives an invite email, the email will have the following properties:
- From: [email protected]
- Subject: 🌴 Join [Company Name] on PagerTree
- Mailed-By: us-west-2.amazonses.com
- Signed-By: pagertree.com
- Security: TLS
The email will look like this:
This is a shortlist of items you can distribute to your users.
- Bypass Do Not Disturb Settings - Have users follow this documentation to bypass “Do Not Disturb” mode on the Android or iPhone.
- Important Numbers - PagerTree uses various numbers for sending sms and voice notifications. Download the PagerTree vCard to create a phone contact for PagerTree.
The following are important concepts that will build a foundation for your understanding of how PagerTree works.
As a reference, the diagram below shows the high level workflow for alerts and how they move within the PagerTree system.
Check out the following video, for a more in-depth explaination of the above diagram.
This 4 minute video that explains how to create, edit, and delete on-call events. It also explains how escalation rules work.
This 3 minute video will show you how to add and remove team members. It will also show you how to set handoff, drop, and stakeholder notifications for a team.
Broadcasts are a great way to send mass messages to groups of people without triggering the alert workflow. This 3 minute video will show you the two types of broadcasts you can create.