Quick Start Video
If you haven’t already, please watch the 6 minute quick start video. It will answer many questions you might have.
In PagerTree there are 2 permission levels, Administrator and Non-Administrator. Their abilities are outlined in the following table.
|Users||view, add, edit, delete, invite||view, edit themselves only|
|Teams||view, add, edit, delete||view|
|Integrations||view, add, edit, delete||view|
|Maintenance Windows||view, add, edit, delete||view|
|Stakeholders||view, add, edit, delete||view|
|Routers||view, add, edit, delete||view|
|Automations||view, add, edit, delete, run||view, run|
In addition to the above there are special permissions, namely:
- Billing Administrator - ability to view, add, update billing information and subscription
- Broadcast - ability to create broadcasts
User Onboard Flow
Most of the user on-boarding experience is automated. As an administrator there are several options to onboard your team.
- Flow #1 - Admin Creates User - Works best for small teams (up to 10 users)
- Flow #2 - Invite Link - Works best for medium teams (between 10-50 users)
- Flow #3 - Mass Import - Works best for large teams (51+ users)
If a user receives an invite email, the email will have the following properties:
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: 🌴 Join [Company Name] on PagerTree
- Mailed-By: us-west-2.amazonses.com
- Signed-By: pagertree.com
- Security: TLS
The email will look like this:
Materials for Users
This is a shortlist of items you can distribute to your users.
- Bypass Do Not Disturb Settings - Have users follow this documentation to bypass “Do Not Disturb” mode on the Android or iPhone.
- Important Numbers - PagerTree uses various numbers for sending sms and voice notifications. Download the PagerTree vCard to create a phone contact for PagerTree.
The following are important concepts that will build a foundation for your understanding of how PagerTree works.
As a reference, the diagram below shows the high level workflow for alerts and how they move within the PagerTree system.
Check out the following video, for a more in-depth explaination of the above diagram.
Schedules and Escalation Rules
This 4 minute video that explains how to create, edit, and delete on-call events. It also explains how escalation rules work.
Managing A Team
This 3 minute video will show you how to add and remove team members. It will also show you how to set handoff, drop, and stakeholder notifications for a team.
Broadcasts are a great way to send mass messages to groups of people without triggering the alert workflow. This 3 minute video will show you the two types of broadcasts you can create.