An alert should represent an actionable issue that needs user interaction. Alerts will notify users using the alert workflow. Alerts help organize, automate, and track information related the actionable issue.
At the top left of the alert page, you’ll notice three clocks.
- Response Time = (Time Acknowledged) - (Time Created)
- Resolve Time = (Time Resolved) - (Time Acknowledged)
- Total Time = (Time Resolved) - (Time Created)
Each alert contributes to over all metrics that can be found on the reports page. Namely these metrics are:
- Mean Time to Response - The average time it takes a user or team to respond to alerts.
- Mean Time to Resolve - The average time it takes a user resolve alerts.
At the top right of the alerts page, you’ll notice three state blocks.
- Status - The status the alert is currently in. Can be open, acknowledged, resolved, dropped, archived, suppressed, aggregating, routabled, or errored.
- Urgency - The urgency of the alert. This is specified by the creating user or integration. Can be low, medium, high, or critical.
- Assigned to - If the alert is in the acknowledged or resolved state this will be assigned to a user. It’s also possible that the alert be in a resolved state without being assigned to a user, if an integration auto-resolves the alert.
In the logs tab of the alert page, you will see the logs. The logs are documentation of what happened during the alerts lifecycle.
Many logs are automatically created by PagerTree throughout the alert lifecycle. Additionally, users can create logs by clicking the Add Log button at the bottom of the key info section. typing a message and clicking Save.
- From the action button, click the Create Alert button.
- Supply the following information
- Title - A descriptive title. This will be sent out on all alerts.
- Description - Provide any additional details.
- Urgency - The urgency of the alert.
- Destination Team - The destination team to assign this alert to.
- Incident Flag - (optional)
- Severity - A severity of the incident
- Incident Message - A special message that will be prioritiezed on the alert page and notifications.
- Click Save button.
Alerts can only be interacted through the Actions section of the alert page.
|Note||This will delete the alert forever! It will no longer show up on the alerts page. It will also no longer be included in reports.|
- Navigate to the Alerts page.
- Click the trashcan button next to the alert you wish to delete.
- Click the yes button to confirm you would actually like to delete this alert.
An alert can be handed off to another team or user through the Actions section of the alert page. The alert must be in the acknowledge state before the handoff button will appear. Alerts will notify users using the standard alert workflow process.
To handoff the alert:
- Ensure the alert is in the acknowledged state
- Click the Handoff button
- Select a destination team or user and optionally add a note.
- Click Save