An incident should represent an actionable issue that needs user interaction. Incidents will notify users using the incident workflow. Incidents help organize, automate, and track information related the actionable issue.
At the top left of the incident page, you’ll notice three clocks.
- Response Time = (Time Acknowledged) - (Time Created)
- Resolve Time = (Time Resolved) - (Time Acknowledged)
- Total Time = (Time Resolved) - (Time Created)
Each incident contributes to over all metrics that can be found on the reports page. Namely these metrics are:
- Mean Time to Response - The average time it takes a user or team to respond to incidents.
- Mean Time to Resolve - The average time it takes a user resolve incidents.
At the top right of the incident page, you’ll notice three state blocks.
- Status - The status the incident is currently in. Can be open, acknowledged, resolved, or dropped.
- Urgency - The urgency of the incident. This is specified by the creating user or integration. Can be low, medium, high, or critical.
- Assigned to - If the incident is in the acknowledged or resolved state this will be assigned to a user. It’s also possible that the incident be in a resolved state without an assigned to user, if an integration auto-resolves the incident.
In the center right of the page you will see incident logs. The logs are documentation of what happened during an incidents lifecycle.
Many logs are automatically created by PagerTree throughout the incident lifecycle. Additionally, users can create logs by typing a message and clicking send or pressing
Create an Incident
- In the left hand navigation menu, next to Incidents, click the ”+” button to open the create incident form.
- Supply the following information
- Title - A descriptive title. This will be sent out on all alerts.
- Description - Provide any additional details.
- Urgency - The urgency of the incident.
- Destination Team - The destination team to assign this incident to.
- Click Create button.
Update An Incident
Incidents can only be interacted through the Take Action section of the integration page, or by creating logs.
Delete An Incident
To delete an incident the incident must be in the dropped or resolved state. Click the archive button in the Take Action section.