Apex Ping Integration Guide
Apex Ping Integration
Apex Ping provides uptime monitoring for websites and APIs. It has flexible alerting, rich reporting, and weekly summaries.
How Apex Ping users benefit from PagerTree
Apex Ping triggers user defined alerts by monitoring website & API uptime. PagerTree acts as the dispatcher for these alerts, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules. PagerTree notifies them via email, sms, voice, and/or push notifications until the incident is acknowledged or closed.
Functionality of Integration
The Apex Ping integration is one-way, meaning:
- When a monitor alert is triggered (
'Triggered'state) in Apex Ping, an incident is created in PagerTree automatically.
- When a monitor alert is resolved (
'Resolved'state) in Apex Ping, the incident is resolved in PagerTree automatically.
In this integration tutorial we will show you how to send alerts from Apex Ping into PagerTree. The estimated time for this integration is 5 minutes. We assume that you already have a PagerTree and Apex Ping account setup.
- From the navigation menu, click the “+ Integration” button.
- In the “Create Integration” box, fill out the following:
- Name of the Integration,
- Select the Integration Type to Apex Ping
- Select an appropriate urgency for when this integration is triggered
- Select the team this incident will be assigned to
- Click “Create”
- Copy the Endpoint URL
In Apex Ping
- Click Menu -> Alerts
- On the Alerts Page click “Add Alert +”
- In the Add Alert box
- Select “Webhook”
- Paste the PagerTree Endpoint URL you copied
- Select the APEX Ping check you would like to apply this to
- Configure the parameters that are appropriate to fire this alert
- Click “Save”
You have successfully completed the Apex Ping Integration. Now when Apex Ping creates an alert, PagerTree will create an incident and route it to the correct team member that is on-call. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com