Our AWS Cloudwatch integration allows you to send alarms from AWS CloudWatch to AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS) into PagerTree.
- Click the team you wish to add the integration to.
- On the team page, click the “Integrations” tab.
- On the “Integrations” tab, click the “+ Integration” button.
- In the “Create Integration” box, fill out the following:
- Name of the Integration,
- Select the Integration Type to AWS CloudWatch
- Select an appropriate urgency for when this integration is triggered
- Select the team member the incident will be created by (example: manager or team lead)
- Select the team this incident will be assigned to
- Click “Create”
In AWS SNS Console
- In the SNS Console, click “Create Topic”
- Enter a Topic name (ex: “pagertree_integration”) and a Display name (ex: “pagertree”), then click “Create Topic”.
- Now that your topic has been created, click “Create Subscription”
- Select HTTPS as the Protocol and paste the PagerTree WebHook URL as the Endpoint
- Your subscription should be automatically confirmed. Click the refresh icon and ensure the Subscription ID is not PendingConfirmation.
In the EC2 Console
- Go to your EC2 Instances Console. Right click on the instance that you would like to monitor, and select CloudWatch Monitoring -> Add/Edit Alarms
- Select your new notification topic from the drop down menu, configure the settings that would like to trigger the alarm, and click “Create Alarm”
- At this point you PagerTree will create an incident if the alarm fires. To configure auto-resolve click the Alarm Link in the dialog box
- With the new alarm selected, click Actions -> Modify
- In the Actions section of the Modify Alarm window, click “+ Notification”
- Select the following values
- Whenever this alarm: State is OK
- Send notification to: your new notification topic
- Click “Save Changes”
You have successfully completed the AWS CloudWatch Integration. Now when AWS CloudWatch creates an alarm, PagerTree will create an incident and route it to the correct team member that is on-call. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com