Azure Monitor Integration Guide
Azure Monitor triggers user defined alerts by watching metrics. PagerTree acts as the dispatcher for these alerts, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules. PagerTree notifies them via email, sms, voice, and/or push notifications until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
The Azure Monitor integration is one-way, meaning:
- When an alert is fired (
Firedstate) in Azure Monitor, an alert is created in PagerTree automatically.
- When the alert is resolved (
Resolvedstate) in Azure Monitor, the alert is resolved in PagerTree automatically.
In this integration tutorial we will show you how to send alarms from Azure Monitor to PagerTree. The estimated time for this integration is 10 minutes. We assume that you already have a PagerTree and Azure account setup. Additionally, we assume you already have some resources available to monitor in your Azure account.
- From the action button, click the “Create Integration” button.
- In the “Create Integration” box, fill out the following:
- Name of the Integration.
- Select the Type to Azure Monitor
- Select an appropriate Urgency for when this integration is triggered
- Select the Team this alert will be assigned to
- Click Save
- Copy the Endpoint URL
- Navigate to Azure Monitor
- Click the Alerts Tab from the Monitor Navigation
- Click the Manage Actions Tab from the Alerts page
- Click the Add action group from the Manage Actions page
- In the create action group form, add the following:
- Select an appropriate subscription and resource group to add this action group to.
- For the action group name and display name enter PagerTree
- Click the Next: Notifications > button
- Click the Next: Actions > button
- In the actions form, add the following:
- Action Type - Webhook
- Name - PagerTree
- Webhook URI - Paste the PagerTree Endpoint URL you copied earlier
- VERY IMPORTANT - Enable the common alert schema - Yes
- Click OK
- Click the Review + Create button
- Click the Create button
- From the Azure Monitor Dashboard, Click the Manage alert rules tab
- If you already have alert rules, you can attach the Action Group directly to your alerts by adding the PagerTree Action Group to the Alert Rule Actions. If you don’t have any Alert Rules yet, follow the steps below:
- Click the + New alert rule button
- In the Create Alert Rule form, do the following:
- Select the Scope (resource) to monitor
- Select the Condition to Fire an alert on
- Under the Actions select the PagerTree Action Group, click Select
- Add the Alert Rule Details
- Click Create Alert Rule
You have successfully completed the Azure Monitor Integration. Now when Azure Monitor creates an alert, PagerTree will create an alert and route it to the correct team member that is on-call. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org