Cronitor.io Integration Guide
Cronitor is a web-based tracking application that monitors, alerts, and analyzes scheduled computer processes. The application informs its users when their computer processes do not run on time, take too long to run, and gets completed too quickly.
How Cronitor users benefit from PagerTree
Cronitor triggers user defined alerts when monitors fail. PagerTree acts as the dispatcher for these alerts, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules. PagerTree notifies them via email, sms, voice, and/or push notifications until the incident is acknowledged or closed.
Functionality of Integration
The Cronitor integration is one-way, meaning:
- When a check is failing in Cronitor, an incident is created in PagerTree automatically.
- When a check comes back to a passing state in Cronitor, the incident is resolved in PagerTree automatically.
In this integration tutorial we will show you how to send alerts from Cronitor into PagerTree. The estimated time for this integration is 5 minutes. We assume that you already have a PagerTree and Cronitor account setup.
- From the navigation menu, click the “+ Integration” button.
- In the “Create Integration” box, fill out the following:
- Name of the Integration,
- Select the Integration Type to Cronitor.io
- Select an appropriate urgency for when this integration is triggered
- Select the team this incident will be assigned to
- Click “Create”
- Copy the Endpoint URL
- From the dashboard, create a new monitor or edit an existing monitor.
- Under the Notification Preferences section, click the Webhooks tab.
- Click the Add Endpoint URL button.
- Paste the PagerTree Endpoint URL you copied in the field.
- Click the Save Monitor button.
You have successfully completed the Cronitor Integration. Now when Cronitor creates an alert, PagerTree will create an incident and route it to the correct team member that is on-call. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org