Cronitor.io Integration Guide
Cronitor is a web-based tracking application that monitors, alerts, and analyzes scheduled computer processes. The application informs its users when their computer processes do not run on time, take too long to run, and gets completed too quickly.
Cronitor triggers user defined alerts when monitors fail. PagerTree acts as the dispatcher for these alerts, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules. PagerTree notifies them via email, sms, voice, and/or push notifications until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
The Cronitor integration is one-way, meaning:
- When a check is failing in Cronitor, an alert is created in PagerTree automatically.
- When a check comes back to a passing state in Cronitor, the alert is resolved in PagerTree automatically.
In this integration tutorial we will show you how to send alerts from Cronitor into PagerTree. The estimated time for this integration is 5 minutes. We assume that you already have a PagerTree and Cronitor account setup.
- From the action button, click the “Create Integration” button.
- In the “Create Integration” box, fill out the following:
- Name of the Integration.
- Select the Type to Cronitor
- Select an appropriate Urgency for when this integration is triggered
- Select the Team this alert will be assigned to
- Click Save
- Copy the Endpoint URL
- From the dashboard, create a new monitor or edit an existing monitor.
- Under the Notification Preferences section, click the Webhooks tab.
- Click the Add Endpoint URL button.
- Paste the PagerTree Endpoint URL you copied in the field.
- Click the Save Monitor button.
You have successfully completed the Cronitor Integration. Now when Cronitor creates an alert, PagerTree will create an alert and route it to the correct team member that is on-call. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org