Dead Man's Snitch Integration Guide
Dead Man’s Snitch is a cron job monitoring tool that keeps an eye on your periodic processes and notifies you when something doesn’t happen.
Dead Man’s Snitch triggers notifications when a snitch does not report in (aka goes “missing”). PagerTree acts as the dispatcher for these notifications, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules. PagerTree notifies them via email, sms, voice, and/or push notifications until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
The Dead Man’s Snitch is one-way, meaning:
- When snitch is missing (
type === "snitch.missing") in Dead Man’s Snitch, an alert is created in PagerTree automatically.
- When snitch is reporting after being missing (
type === "snitch.reporting") in Dead Man’s Snitch, the alert is resolved in PagerTree automatically.
In this integration tutorial we will show you how to send notifications from Dead Man’s Snitch into PagerTree. The estimated time for this integration is 2 minutes. We assume that you already have a PagerTree and Dead Man’s Snitch account setup. It is also assumed you have created at least 1 Dead Man’s Snitch snitch.
- From the action button, click the “Create Integration” button.
- In the “Create Integration” box, fill out the following:
- Name of the Integration.
- Select the Type to Dead Man’s Snitch
- Select an appropriate Urgency for when this integration is triggered
- Select the Team this alert will be assigned to
- Click Save
- Copy the Endpoint URL
- From the navigation menu, click Integrations
- Click the + Add button next to the webhooks integration type
- Paste the PagerTree Endpoint URL you copied for Hook URL
- Click Save
You have successfully completed the Dead Man’s Snitch Integration. Now when a snitch in Dead Man’s Snitch is missing, PagerTree will create an alert and route it to the correct team member that is on-call. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org