Grafana Integration Guide
Grafana is the open platform for beautiful analytics and monitoring.
Grafana triggers user defined alerts by monitoring time series metrics. PagerTree acts as the dispatcher for these alerts, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules. PagerTree notifies them via email, sms, voice, and/or push notifications until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
The Grafana integration is one-way, meaning:
- When an alert is triggered (
'alerting'state) in Grafana, an alert is created in PagerTree automatically.
- When the alert is resolved (
'ok'state) in Grafana, the alert is resolved in PagerTree automatically.
In this integration tutorial we will show you how to send alerts from Grafana into PagerTree. The estimated time for this integration is 10 minutes. We assume that you already have a PagerTree account and Grafana setup.
- From the action button, click the “Create Integration” button.
- In the “Create Integration” box, fill out the following:
- Name of the Integration.
- Select the Type to Grafana
- Select an appropriate Urgency for when this integration is triggered
- Select the Team this alert will be assigned to
- Click Save
- Copy the Endpoint URL
- Click Menu -> Alerting -> Notification Channels
- Click the ”+ New Channel” button
- On the New Channel Form
- Name - An appropriate Name (example: PagerTree Webhook)
- Type -
- Send on all alerts -
- Include image -
- URL - Paste the PagerTree Endpoint URL you copied
- Http Method -
- Click the Save button
- Click Menu -> Dashboards -> Home
- Click -> Home then select the dashboard that has a metric you would like to alert on
- Click the component you would like to add the alert to
- Click “Edit”
- Click the Alert Tab
- Click the “Create Alert” button
- Configure the appropriate parameters under Alert Config
- Click the Notifications Tab
- Ensure Send to has the PagerTree Webhook channel selected
- Click the Save Icon at the top of the page to save the dashboard
You have successfully completed the Grafana Integration. Now when Grafana creates an alert, PagerTree will create an alert and route it to the correct team member that is on-call. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org