Jira Server Integration Guide
Jira Server is an application that helps agile teams plan, track, and release great software.
Jira Server creates issues. PagerTree acts as the dispatcher for these issues, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules. PagerTree notifies them via email, sms, voice, and/or push notifications until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
The Jira Server integration is one-way, meaning:
- When an issue in Jira Server is created, an alert is created in PagerTree automatically.
In this integration tutorial we will show you how to send issues from Jira Server into PagerTree. The estimated time for this integration is 5 minutes. We assume that you already have a PagerTree and Jira Server account/server setup.
- From the action button, click the “Create Integration” button.
- In the “Create Integration” box, fill out the following:
- Name of the Integration.
- Select the Type to Jira Server
- Select an appropriate Urgency for when this integration is triggered
- Select the Team this alert will be assigned to
- Click Save
- Copy the Endpoint URL
- Navigate to the Jira administration console under the main menu: Jira Software -> Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Webhooks. If you know your server url, webhooks can be found at the following path:
<Jira Server URL>/plugins/servlet/webhooks
- In the upper right hand corner, click the Create a Webhook button.
- On the create webhook form, fill out the following:
- Name - An appropriate name (ex: “PagerTree Webhook Listener”)
- Url – Paste the PagerTree Endpoint URL you copied earlier
- Issue Related events
- Check Issue Created
- Click “Save” button.
You have successfully completed the Jira Server Integration. Now when a Jira Server issue is created, PagerTree will create an alert and route it to the correct team member that is on-call. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com