Mattermost Outgoing Webhooks Integration Guide
Mattermost is an open-source, self-hostable online chat service with file sharing, search, and integrations. It is designed as an internal chat for organisations and companies.
- Mattermost to PagerTree (keyword trigger) - Continue reading this page
- PagerTree to Mattermost (post to channel) - See Mattermost Integration
Mattermost Outgoing Webhooks triggers a webhook anytime a Mattermost message starts with configured trigger words. PagerTree will create an alert based on these webhooks, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules. PagerTree notifies them via email, sms, voice, and/or push notifications until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
The Mattermost Outgoing Webhooks integration is one-way, meaning:
- An alert will be created in PagerTree when Mattermost sends an Outgoing Webhook to PagerTree.
- PagerTree will try to extract an urgency from the message text. Valid values are
low|medium|high|critical. If the urgency is not found in the message text it will default to the integration urgency.
In this integration tutorial we will show you how to connect your Mattermost Outgoing Webhooks integration with PagerTree. The estimated time for this integration is 3 minutes. We assume that you already have a PagerTree and Mattmost account setup.
- From the action button, click the “Create Integration” button.
- In the “Create Integration” box, fill out the following:
- Name of the Integration.
- Select the Type to Mattermost Outgoing Webhooks
- Select an appropriate Urgency for when this integration is triggered
- Select the Team this alert will be assigned to
- Click Save
- Copy the Endpoint URL
- Go to Menu and choose Integrations
- At the following screen choose Outgoing Webhooks
- Click the button on the top right Add Outgoing Webhook
- Setup the outgoing webhook
- Content Type - Specify application/json.
- Channel - Select an appropriate channel this will apply to, or any for all channels.
- Trigger Words - Select the words that trigger the webhook (e.g. outage, sev-1, down).
- URL(s) - Paste the PagerTree Endpoint URL you copied.
- Click Save
- On the next screen Copy the Token value, as this can be used for the additional security step below.
For security purposes, you can also provide PagerTree with the token Mattermost provides. If using this feature, PagerTree will not create an alert unless the token sent by Mattermost is the same token that is configured with the integration. This protects against spoofing attacks.
- From the Integration Page, Click Edit
- Paste the Token that you copied from Mattermost to the Token field.
- Click “Save”
You have successfully completed the Mattermost Outgoing Webhooks Integration. Now PagerTree will create an alert any time a message starts with trigger words and are on the specified channels. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com