Microsoft Teams Integration Guide
|Logo||Company||Estimated Time||Functionality||Vendor Docs|
|Microsoft Corporation||5 minutes||One-Way||---|
Microsoft Teams is a unified communication and collaboration platform that combines persistent workplace chat, video meetings, file storage, and application integration.
Messages are sent to Microsoft Teams channels, making sure the right channels are notified of alerts.
The Microsoft Teams integration is one-way, meaning:
- When an alert in PagerTree is opened/acknowledged/resolved/dropped, PagerTree will post a message to a channel of your choice.
In this integration tutorial we will show you how to send alerts from PagerTree into Microsoft Teams channel. The estimated time for this integration is 5 minutes. We assume that you already have a PagerTree and Microsoft Teams account setup.
- In the left hand menu bar, Click Apps.
- In the Apps search bar, type webhooks.
- Click Incoming Webhook.
- Click the Add to a team button.
- Select a channel, then click ‘Setup a connector’ button.
- On the Incoming Webhook configuration page:
- Provide the name PagerTree.
- Upload Image - download this image and upload it.
- Click the Create button.
- Copy the generated URL:
- Click the Copy button next to the generated URL.
- Using your keyboard, use Ctrl + C to copy the URL.
- Click the Ok button to close the dialog.
- Click Done.
- From the action button, click the “Create Integration” button.
- In the “Create Integration” box, fill out the following:
- Name of the Integration. (ex: “Microsoft Teams - #Devops”)
- Select the Type to Microsoft Teams.
- Click Save
- In the Integration Options section:
- Double click the Incoming Webhook URL option.
- Paste the generated URL you copied earlier.
- Click Save
- Enable Events that should trigger messages to your channel.
You have successfully completed the Microsoft Teams Integration. Now when an alert event is created in PagerTree and it matches your preferences, PagerTree will send a message to Microsoft Teams. If you have any questions please contact [email protected]