New Relic Integration Guide
New Relic Integration
New Relic is a digital intelligence platform that lets developers, ops, and tech teams measure and monitor the performance of their applications and infrastructure.
How New Relic users benefit from PagerTree
New Relic creates alerts. PagerTree acts as the dispatcher for these alerts, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules. PagerTree notifies them via email, sms, voice, and/or push notifications until the incident is acknowledged or closed.
Functionality of Integration
The New Relic integration is one-way, meaning:
- When an incident is created (
event_type == "INCIDENT_OPEN" || (event_type == "INCIDENT" && current_state == "open")) in New Relic, an incident is created in PagerTree automatically.
- When an incident is acknowledged (
event_type == "INCIDENT_ACKNOWLEDGED" || (event_type == "INCIDENT" && current_state == "acknowledged")) in New Relic, an incident is acknowledged in PagerTree automatically.
- When a incident is resolved (
event_type == "INCIDENT_RESOLVED" || (event_type == "INCIDENT" && current_state == "closed")) in New Relic, the incident is resolved in PagerTree automatically.
- From the navigation menu, click the “+ Integration” button.
- In the “Create Integration” box, fill out the following:
- Name of the Integration,
- Select the Integration Type to New Relic
- Select an appropriate urgency for when this integration is triggered
- Select the team this incident will be assigned to
- Click “Create”
- Copy the Endpoint URL
In New Relic
- From alerts.newrelic.com, select Notification channels.
- Select New notification channel.
- From Channel details, select the type Webhook.
- Enter the required information.
- Channel Name - A meaningful name for the webhook
- Base url - Paste the PagerTree Endpoint URL you copied
- Select Create channel.
You have successfully completed the New Relic Integration. Now when New Relic creates an alert, PagerTree will create an incident and route it to the correct team member that is on-call. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com