Prometheus Integration Guide
Prometheus is an open-source systems monitoring and alerting toolkit.
How Prometheus users benefit from PagerTree
Prometheus Alertmanager creates alerts. PagerTree acts as the dispatcher for these alerts, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules. PagerTree notifies them via email, sms, voice, and/or push notifications until the incident is acknowledged or closed.
Functionality of Integration
The Prometheus integration is one-way, meaning:
- When an alert is firing (
status == "firing") in Prometheus, an incident is created in PagerTree automatically.
- When a incident is resolved (
status == "resolved") in Prometheus, the incident is resolved in PagerTree automatically.
groupKey(see docs), until the incident is resolved by Prometheus.
In this integration tutorial we will show you how to send alerts from Prometheus Alertmanager into PagerTree. The estimated time for this integration is 5 minutes. We assume that you already have a PagerTree and Prometheus Alertmanager setup.
group_intervalwill affect the delay of alerts sent into PagerTree. See this documentation for details.
- Click the team you wish to add the integration to.
- On the team page, click the “Integrations” tab.
- On the “Integrations” tab, click the “+ Integration” button.
- In the “Create Integration” box, fill out the following:
- Name of the Integration,
- Select the Integration Type to Prometheus
- Select an appropriate urgency for when this integration is triggered
- Select the team member the incident will be created by (example: manager or team lead)
- Select the team this incident will be assigned to
- Click “Create”
- Copy the WebHook URL
In your Prometheus Alertmanager receiver configuration, Copy & Paste the following, replacing <Copied PagerTree WebHook URL> with your Webhook URL
route: # A default receiver receiver: pagertree_issues receivers: - name: 'pagertree_issues' webhook_configs: - url: '<Copied PagerTree WebHook URL>'
Start the Alertmanager, or restart it for your configuration changes to take effect if was already running.
You have successfully completed the Prometheus Integration. Now when a prometheus alert is triggered, PagerTree will create an incident and route it to the correct team member that is on-call. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com
Below are sample configuration files for a simple Prometheus setup