Prometheus Integration Guide
Prometheus is an open-source systems monitoring and alerting toolkit.
Prometheus Alertmanager creates alerts. PagerTree acts as the dispatcher for these alerts, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules. PagerTree notifies them via email, sms, voice, and/or push notifications until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
The Prometheus integration is one-way, meaning:
- When an alert is firing (
status == "firing") in Prometheus, an alert is created in PagerTree automatically.
- When an alert is resolved (
status == "resolved") in Prometheus, the alert is resolved in PagerTree automatically.
|Note|| PagerTree will only make 1 alert per |
In this integration tutorial we will show you how to send alerts from Prometheus Alertmanager into PagerTree. The estimated time for this integration is 5 minutes. We assume that you already have a PagerTree and Prometheus Alertmanager setup.
|Note|| The |
- From the action button, click the “Create Integration” button.
- In the “Create Integration” box, fill out the following:
- Name of the Integration.
- Select the Type to Prometheus
- Select an appropriate Urgency for when this integration is triggered
- Select the Team this alert will be assigned to
- Click Save
- Copy the Endpoint URL
- In your Prometheus Alertmanager receiver configuration, Copy & Paste the following, replacing <Copied PagerTree Endpoint URL> with your Endpoint URL
- Start the Alertmanager, or restart it for your configuration changes to take effect if was already running.
You have successfully completed the Prometheus Integration. Now when a prometheus alert is triggered, PagerTree will create an alert and route it to the correct team member that is on-call. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Below are sample configuration files for a simple Prometheus setup
- prometheus.yml - Sample Prometheus Configuration
- alert.rules.yml - Sample Alert Rule
- simple.yml - Sample Alertmanager Configuration