Stackdriver Integration Guide
Stackdriver aggregates metrics, logs, and events from infrastructure, giving developers and operators a rich set of observable signals that speed root-cause analysis and reduce mean time to resolution (MTTR).
Stackdriver triggers alerts when monitoring policies are breached. PagerTree acts as the dispatcher for these alerts, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules. PagerTree notifies them via email, sms, voice, and/or push notifications until the alert is acknowledged.
The Stackdriver integration is one-way, meaning:
- When an alert is Open (
incident.state == 'open') in Stackdriver, an alert is created in PagerTree automatically.
- When an alert is Closed (
incident.state == 'closed') in Stackdriver, the alert is resolved in PagerTree automatically.
In this integration tutorial we will show you how to send alerts from Stackdriver into PagerTree. The estimated time for this integration is 5 minutes. We assume that you already have a PagerTree and Stackdriver account setup.
- From the action button, click the “Create Integration” button.
- In the “Create Integration” box, fill out the following:
- Name of the Integration.
- Select the Type to Stackdriver
- Select an appropriate Urgency for when this integration is triggered
- Select the Team this alert will be assigned to
- Click Save
- Copy the Endpoint URL
- From the top navigation menu click [Workspace Name] -> Workspace Settings
- From the Settings Page
- Select Notifications -> Webhooks
- Click the Add Webhook button
- Endpoint URL - Paste the PagerTree Endpoint URL you copied earlier
- Webhook Name - Name the webhook appropriately (e.g. “PagerTree Webhook”)
- Click Test Connection
- Click Save
- From the left navigation menu click Alerting -> Create a Policy
- Conditions - Select conditions for when this alerting policy will be breached
- Notifications - Select the type Webhook and then select the PagerTree Webhook we created earlier.
- Name this policy - Give an appropriate name (e.g. PagerTree Alerting Policy)
- Click Save Policy
You have successfully completed the Stackdriver Integration. Now when Stackdriver creates an alert, PagerTree will create an alert and route it to the correct team member that is on-call. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org