StatusCake Integration Guide
StatusCake provides a website monitoring service, providing you various kinds of statistics, analytics and information about your website`s downtime.
StatusCake triggers user defined alerts by monitoring websites. PagerTree acts as the dispatcher for these alerts, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules. PagerTree notifies them via email, sms, voice, and/or push notifications until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
The StatusCake integration is one-way, meaning:
- When a test alert status is Down (
Status == 'Down') in StatusCake, an alert is created in PagerTree automatically.
- When a test alert status is Up (
Status == 'Up') in StatusCake, the alert is resolved in PagerTree automatically.
In this integration tutorial we will show you how to send alerts from StatusCake into PagerTree. The estimated time for this integration is 5 minutes. We assume that you already have a PagerTree and StatusCake account setup.
- From the action button, click the “Create Integration” button.
- In the “Create Integration” box, fill out the following:
- Name of the Integration.
- Select the Type to StatusCake
- Select an appropriate Urgency for when this integration is triggered
- Select the Team this alert will be assigned to
- Click Save
- Copy the Endpoint URL
- Click Menu -> Alerting -> Contacts -> Create Group
- On the Contact Group Page
- Name the group (e.g. “PagerTree Webhook”)
- Paste the PagerTree Endpoint URL you copied for the Endpoint URL
- Ensure the Webhook Method is POST
- Click “Create New Contact Group” button
- Click Menu -> Tests -> New Test
- On the Add Test Page
- Enter the Required Details as applicable to your situation
- Select the Contact Group you created previously (e.g. “PagerTree Webhook”)
- Click “Save Now”
You have successfully completed the StatusCake Integration. Now when StatusCake creates an alert, PagerTree will create an alert and route it to the correct team member that is on-call. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com