Uptime Integration Guide
Uptime checks your website availability at one minute intervals from 30 different locations across 6 continents. Uptime & performance monitoring made easy.
Uptime triggers user defined alerts by monitoring websites. PagerTree acts as the dispatcher for these alerts, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules. PagerTree notifies them via email, sms, voice, and/or push notifications until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
The Uptime integration is one-way, meaning:
- When a check is Down (
type == 'alert_raised') in Uptime, an alert is created in PagerTree automatically.
- When a check is Up (
type == 'alert_cleared') in Uptime, the alert is resolved in PagerTree automatically.
In this integration tutorial we will show you how to send alerts from Uptime into PagerTree. The estimated time for this integration is 2 minutes. We assume that you already have a PagerTree and Uptime account setup.
- From the integrations page, click the New Integration” button
- Click the logo of the Type of integration you want to create
- In the “Create Integration” form, fill out the following:
- Name of the Integration.
- Select an appropriate Urgency for when this integration is triggered
- Select the Team this alert will be assigned to
- Any additional options requested by the integration
- Click Create
- Copy the Endpoint URL
- Click Notifications -> Integrations from the navigation bar.
- In the upper right hand corner, click New Profile
- On the Add Integration Profile form
- Select the Provider Type - Custom Postback URL (Webhook)
- Name - Name the Integration (e.g. “PagerTree”)
- Assign to Contacts - Default
- URL - Paste the PagerTree Endpoint URL you copied for the Endpoint URL
- Click “Save” button
You have successfully completed the Uptime Integration. Now when Uptime creates an alert, PagerTree will create an alert and route it to the correct team member that is on-call. If you have any questions please contact [email protected]