Zendesk Integration Guide
Zendesk is a cloud-based customer service software and support ticketing system.
Zendesk creates tickets. PagerTree acts as the dispatcher for these tickets, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules. PagerTree notifies them via email, sms, voice, and/or push notifications until the incident is acknowledged or closed.
The Zendesk integration is one-way, meaning:
- When a ticket is created (
event_type == "create") in Zendesk, an alert is created in PagerTree automatically.
- When a ticket is acknowledged (
event_type == "acknowledge") in Zendesk, an alert is acknowledged in PagerTree automatically.
- When a ticket is resolved (
event_type == "resolve") in Zendesk, the alert is resolved in PagerTree automatically.
In this integration tutorial we will show you how to send tickets from Zendesk into PagerTree. The estimated time for this integration is 15 minutes. We assume that you already have a PagerTree and Zendesk account setup.
|Note||Cloning targets and/or triggers in Zendesk could lead to unexpected behavior. We recommend always creating new targets and triggers.|
- From the action button, click the “Create Integration” button.
- In the “Create Integration” box, fill out the following:
- Name of the Integration.
- Select the Type to Zendesk
- Select an appropriate Urgency for when this integration is triggered
- Select the Team this alert will be assigned to
- Click Save
- Copy the Endpoint URL
- Navigate to Menu -> Admin Gear -> Settings -> Extensions
- Click “add target” button
- Click “HTTP target”
- Enter in the following details
- Title – Name the target appropriately (ex: “PagerTree Integration”)
- Url – Paste the PagerTree Endpoint URL you copied earlier
- Method – Select POST
- Content type – Select JSON
- Select Create Target
- Click “Submit” button
- Navigate to Menu -> Admin Gear -> Business Rules -> Triggers
- Click “Add trigger” button
- Enter in the following details:
- Title – Name the target appropriately (ex: “PagerTree Create Alert”)
- Meets all of the following conditions
- Ticket Status is New
- Ticket is… Created
- Perform these actions
- Notifications: Notify target
- Select your newly created target
- Paste the following in JSON body
- Click “Create trigger” button
You have successfully completed the Zendesk Integration. Now when a zendesk is triggered, PagerTree will create an alert and route it to the correct team member that is on-call. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional triggers can be added if you would like the ability to acknowledge and resolve PagerTree alerts from Zendesk. Again, depending on your team’s workflow, set the appropriate conditions and then you can use the following two JSON payloads to acknowledge and resolve PagerTree alerts.