A user represents an actual person. Each user will have their own contact information and notification preferences.
By default PagerTree hides many of the more "advanced" functionality. To view advanced objects you will need to enable advanced mode.
You should now see the advanced options in the navigation menu.
Advanced options in the menu bar.
- A user can have 1 or more emails.
- An email address must be deliverable.
- Email addresses that bounce, report a spam complaint, or are not deliverable will be blocked and receive no further notifications.
- A user can have 1 or more phones.
- A phone must be verified before PagerTree will begin sending notifications.
- 2.Input your mobile phone number and choose a verification channel.
- 3.Click Update.Phone Input Form
- 4.Click Verify.Phone Verify Button
- 5.Input your verification code and click Update.Phone Verification Form
If successful, you will be redirect to the My Settings page with the message "Phone verified successfully".
High Level Alert Workflow (Notifications)
User's can elect from the following default notification channels:
- Push (app notification)
- SMS (text message)
- Voice (automated call)
Voice notifications only apply to the alert open message.
Default notification channels.
Users can elect to get going on-call reminder notifications a configurable amount of time before their on-call shift starts. Additionally, users can specify which layers they would like to be reminded about (leave blank for all).
Going On-Call Notifications
- 1.Scroll to the "API Tokens" section.
- 2.Click the New API Token button.New API Token Button
- 3.Provide a Name and click Create button.API Token Form
- 4.Copy your Token.Copy your API token.
PagerTree supports two factor authentication (2FA). To enable two factor authentication:
- 1.Scroll to the "Two-factor Authentication" section.
- 2.Click the Enable two-factor authentication button.Enable Two Factor Authentication Button
- 3.Copy the recovery codes and store them somewhere secure.Copy the 2FA backup codes and store somewhere secure.
- 4.With your 2FA app, scan the bar code and enter the six digit code.2FA QR Code
- 5.If successful, you will be redirected the the My Settings page with a notice stating "Two-factor authentication was enabled successfully".
You will now be required to use 2FA when logging in.
If a user is part of an account that is using Single Sign-On (SSO), they will be required to sign in via SSO to access the account.
Only account users that have the admin role can bypass the SSO login for SSO enabled accounts.
- 1.Scroll to the "Password Settings" section.
- 2.On the "Password Settings" Form
- Provide your current password
- Provide a new password
- Confirm your new password
- 3.Click Update.Reset Password Form.