Comment on page
Connect your Sentry issues to PagerTree.
Sentry triggers user-defined alerts by monitoring website performance, errors, and issues.
- When an issue or error is created in Sentry, an alert is created in PagerTree automatically.
- When an issue is resolved in Sentry, the alert is resolved in PagerTree.
In this integration tutorial, we will show you how to send issues from Sentry into PagerTree. The estimated time for this integration is 1 minute. We assume that you already have a PagerTree and Sentry account setup.
- 1.Ensure you are logged in to the PagerTree app in the account to which you wish to add the Sentry integration.
- 1.Navigate to Settings -> Integrations.
- 2.Search "PagerTree".
- 3.Click on "PagerTree".Settings -> Integrations -> PagerTree
- 4.Click the "Accept & Install" button. (This will redirect you to the PagerTree New Integration page.)Click "Accept & Install"
- 5.On the PagerTree New Integration page, provide at minimum, a name and destinations for the Sentry issues that will be sent to this integration. Click "Create".Provide name and destinations. Click Create.
- 6.You will be redirected back to Sentry and can confirm that the integration was installed correctly.Confirm that the PagerTree Sentry app is installed correctly.
If you would like to test that an alert will be created in PagerTree when a new issue comes into Sentry you can use our docker image to generate a fake issue.
You will need:
- 1.Docker running on your machine.
- 2.Your SENTRY_DSN.
In your terminal run the following:
docker run -e SENTRY_DSN="<YOUR_SENTRY_DSN>" pagertree/sentry-error-faker:latest
This will generate an issue in Sentry similar to "CVE-2023-12345".
PagerTree also supports Sentry's legacy webhooks.
- 1.Settings -> Integrations -> Webhooks.Settings -> Integrations -> Webhooks
- 2.On the Webhook Integration Page click “Add to Project”.Click "Add to Project" button.
- 3.Paste the PagerTree Endpoint URL you copied in the Callback URLs field. Then click, Save Changes.Paste the PagerTree Endpoint URL you copied into the Callback URLs field.
- 4.Click Enable Plugin.Click enable plugin.
- 1.Navigate to Alerts, and click the "Create Alert" button.Navigate to Alerts and click "Create Alert" button.
- 2.Select Issues, and click "Set Conditions " button.Select Issues and click "Set Conditions" button.
- 3.On the New Alert Rule Page, select the following
- 1.When any of the following happens
- 1.A new issue is created
- 2.The issue changes state from resolved to unresolved
- 2.Then perform these actions
- 1.Send a notification via WebHooksConfigure the new Alert rule to trigger on new issues and old issues going from resolved -> unresolved.
- 3.Provide an Alert Name (ex: Report Issues to PagerTree)
- 4.Click Save RuleClick "Save Rule" button.
You have successfully completed the Sentry Integration.