Comment on page
PRTG Network Monitor
Connect your PRTG notifications to PagerTree.
PRTG (Paessler Router Traffic Grapher) is a network monitoring tool that helps you to ensure that your computer systems are running smoothly and that no outages occur. PRTG monitors your whole IT infrastructure 24/7 and alerts you to problems before users even notice.
PRTG triggers notifications when a sensor’s check fails.
- When the payload status is down (
status === "Down"), an alert is created in PagerTree automatically.
- When the payload status contains “now: up” (
status contains "now: up"), the alert is resolved in PagerTree automatically.
In this integration tutorial we will show you how to send alerts from Apex Ping into PagerTree. The estimated time for this integration is 5 minutes. We assume that you already have a PagerTree and Apex Ping account setup.
- 1.Menu -> Setup -> Account Settings -> Notification Templates.Navigate to Notification Templates
- 2.Click the Add Notification Template button.Click the Add Notification Template Button
- 3.On the Add Notification Template Page:
- 1.Under Basic Settings
- 1.Template Name - PagerTreeName the Template "PagerTree"
- 2.Under Notification Summarization
- 1.Method - Always notify ASAP, never summarize.Never summarize notifications
- 3.Enable Execute HTTP Action
- 1.URL - Paste the PagerTree Endpoint URL you previously copied.
- 2.HTTP Method - POST
- 3.Payload - Copy and paste the following. You can additionally add any other placeholder variable and PagerTree will add it in the additional data section of the alert (sensorid and status are required).
- 1.Navigate to a sensor, device, or group and under the Notification Triggers, click the pencil icon to edit, then select the following:
- 1.When sensor state is Down for at least 30 seconds, perform :// PagerTree
- 2.When sensor state is Down for at least 900 seconds, perform no notification and repeat every 0 minutes.
- 3.When sensor leaves Down state after a notification was triggered, perform :// PagerTree
- 4.Click the check mark icon button to save.Configure the PRTG Notification Triggers
You have successfully completed the PRTG Integration.