Connect your Azure Monitor alerts to PagerTree.
Azure Monitor triggers user defined alerts by watching metrics.
- When an alert is fired (
Firedstate) in Azure Monitor, an alert is created in PagerTree automatically.
- When the alert is resolved (
Resolvedstate) in Azure Monitor, the alert is resolved in PagerTree automatically.
In this integration tutorial we will show you how to send alarms from Azure Monitor to PagerTree. The estimated time for this integration is 10 minutes. We assume that you already have a PagerTree and Azure account setup. Additionally, we assume you already have some resources available to monitor in your Azure account.
- 1.Navigate to Azure MonitorNavigate to Azure Monitor
- 1.Click the Alerts Tab from the Monitor Navigation.Navigate to the Alerts tab.
- 2.Click the Manage Actions Tab from the Alerts page.Click the Manage actions tab.
- 3.Click the Add action group from the Manage Actions page.Click the Add action group button.
- 4.In the create action group form, add the following:
- 1.Select an appropriate subscription and resource group to add this action group to.
- 2.For the action group name and display name enter PagerTree.Create the action group in Azure Monitor
- 5.Click the Next: Notifications > button.
- 6.In the actions form, add the following:
- 1.Action Type - Webhook
- 2.Name - PagerTree
- 3.Webhook URI - Paste the PagerTree Endpoint URL you copied earlier
- 4.**VERY IMPORTANT** - Enable the common alert schema - Yes
- 5.Click OKConfigure the action to be a webhook pointing to your PagerTree endpoint URL.
- 7.Click the Review + Create button.
- 8.Click the Create button.
- 1.From the Azure Monitor Dashboard, Click the Manage alert rules tab.Click the Manage alert rules tab.
- 2.If you already have alert rules, you can attach the Action Group directly to your alerts by adding the PagerTree Action Group to the Alert Rule Actions. If you don’t have any Alert Rules yet, follow the steps below:
- 1.Click the + New alert rule buttonClick the New alert rule button.
- 2.In the Create Alert Rule form, do the following:
- 1.Select the Scope (resource) to monitor
- 2.Select the Condition to Fire an alert on
- 3.Under the Actions select the PagerTree Action Group, click Select
- 4.Add the Alert Rule Details
- 5.Click Create Alert RuleConfigure the Azure Monitor Alert Rule to perform the PagerTree action.
You have successfully completed the Azure Monitor Integration.