Google Hangouts Chat
Connect your Google Hangouts Chat rooms to PagerTree.
Messages are sent to Google Hangouts Chat chat rooms, making sure the right rooms are notified of alerts.
- When an alert in PagerTree is opened/acknowledged/resolved/dropped, PagerTree will post a message to a room of your choice.
In this integration tutorial we will show you how to send alerts from PagerTree into Google Hangouts Chat room. The estimated time for this integration is 5 minutes. We assume that you already have a PagerTree and Google Hangouts Chat account setup.
- 1.In the left hand navigation select a room.Select a room.
- 2.In the top navbar, click the room options menu, then select Configure webhooks.Click "Configure webhooks".
- 3.In the form:
- 1.Name - PagerTree
- 2.Avatar URL - https://pagertree.com/assets/img/logo/pagertree-icon-256-256.png
- 3.Click Save.Configure the incoming PagerTree webhook.
- 4.Click Copy Button.Copy the Google Hangouts Chat URL.
- 2.In the New integration form:
- 1.Name - Input a friendly name
- 2.URL - Paste the Google Hangouts Chat URL you copied earlier.
- 3.Events - Select the events you would like to get notified of.
- 3.Click Create.
You have successfully completed the Google Hangouts Chat Integration.
You can suppress outgoing messages by using the integration outgoing rules (ex: You only want a certain teams messages to a channel). Please see Outgoing Webhook - Outgoing Rules for full documentation on the functionality.