Google Hangouts Chat
Connect your Google Hangouts Chat rooms to PagerTree.
Google Hangouts Chat makes it easy for teams to be able to get their work done in one place. From direct messages to group conversations, Chat helps teams collaborate easily and efficiently.
Messages are sent to Google Hangouts Chat chat rooms, making sure the right rooms are notified of alerts.
- When an alert in PagerTree is opened/acknowledged/resolved/dropped, PagerTree will post a message to a room of your choice.
In this integration tutorial we will show you how to send alerts from PagerTree into Google Hangouts Chat room. The estimated time for this integration is 5 minutes. We assume that you already have a PagerTree and Google Hangouts Chat account setup.
- 1.In the left hand navigation select a room.Select a room.
- 2.In the top navbar, click the room options menu, then select Configure webhooks.Click "Configure webhooks".
- 3.In the form:
- 1.Name - PagerTree
- 2.Avatar URL - https://pagertree.com/assets/img/logo/pagertree-icon-256-256.png
- 3.Click Save.Configure the incoming PagerTree webhook.
- 4.Click Copy Button.Copy the Google Hangouts Chat URL.
- 2.In the New integration form:
- 1.Name - Input a friendly name
- 2.URL - Paste the Google Hangouts Chat URL you copied earlier.
- 3.Events - Select the events you would like to get notified of.
- 3.Click Create.
You have successfully completed the Google Hangouts Chat Integration.
You can suppress outgoing messages by using the integration outgoing rules (ex: You only want a certain teams messages to a channel). Please see Outgoing Webhook - Outgoing Rules for full documentation on the functionality.