Send emails to PagerTree to create alerts. Connects with most devops and monitoring tools.
The email integration is an email inbox provided by PagerTree that will create alerts when an email is received.
If your tool is not listed on our integrations page, the email integration is a great choice to use as an integration point since most tools support sending emails for alerts and alarms.
- When an email is received, an alert is created in PagerTree automatically.
In this integration tutorial we will show you how to create an email integration PagerTree. The estimated time for this integration is 1 minute. We assume that you already have a PagerTree account setup.
- 1.In any email client, compose a new email
- 2.In the email, enter in the following:
- 1.To - Paste the PagerTree Endpoint URL you copied
- 2.Subject - Something descriptive
- 3.Body - Some more details on the issue
- 3.Click SendSend an email to the PagerTree email endpoint.
You have successfully completed the Email Integration.
Many customers have expressed the need for a custom email address (ex: [email protected]). This can easily be achieved using either forwarding rules or distribution groups. The setup process is different per vendor (Gmail, Outlook, ect) but the concepts are the same. In each case this allows emails to go from [email protected] -> a+<integration email>@alerts.pagertree.com.
- 1.In your email client, create a forwarding rule to send emails from your alias address to the PagerTree address.
Example of a forwarding address in Gmail
- 1.Create a distribution group and add the PagerTree email address as member of the group.