Comment on page
Connect your Mattermost workspace to PagerTree.
Mattermost Outgoing Webhooks triggers a webhook anytime a Mattermost message starts with configured trigger words.
- An alert will be created in PagerTree when Mattermost sends an Outgoing Webhook to PagerTree.
- PagerTree will try to extract an urgency from the message text. Valid values are
low|medium|high|critical. If the urgency is not found in the message text it will default to the integration urgency.
In this integration tutorial we will show you how to connect your Mattermost Outgoing Webhooks integration with PagerTree. The estimated time for this integration is 5 minutes. We assume that you already have a PagerTree and Mattermost account setup.
- 1.Go to Menu and choose Integrations.Navigate to integrations.
- 2.At the following screen choose Outgoing Webhooks.Click on "Outgoing Webhooks".
- 3.Click the button on the top right Add Outgoing Webhook.Click "Add Outgoing Webhook" button.
- 4.Setup the outgoing webhook
- 1.Content Type - Specify application/json.
- 2.Channel - Select an appropriate channel this will apply to, or any for all channels.
- 3.Trigger Words - Select the words that trigger the webhook (e.g. outage, sev-1, down).
- 4.URL(s) - Paste the PagerTree Endpoint URL you copied.Mattermost Outgoing Webhook PagerTree Configuration.
- 5.Click Save.
For security purposes, you can also provide PagerTree with the token Mattermost provides. If using this feature, PagerTree will not create an alert unless the token sent by Mattermost is the same token that is configured with the integration. This protects against spoofing attacks.
- 1.From the Integration Page, Click Edit.
- 2.Paste the Token that you copied from Mattermost to the Token field.
- 3.Click “Update”.
You have successfully completed the Mattermost (keyword trigger) Integration.