Post to Channel
Connect your Slack channels to PagerTree.
- PagerTree -> Slack (post to channel) - Continue reading this page.
Messages are sent to Slack Incoming Webhooks that post to channels, making sure the right channels are notified of alerts.
- When an alert in PagerTree is opened/acknowledged/resolved/dropped, PagerTree will post a message to a channel of your choice.
In this integration tutorial we will show you how to send alerts from PagerTree into Slack. The estimated time for this integration is 5 minutes. We assume that you already have a PagerTree and Slack account setup.
- 2.On the App page, click “Add to Slack” button.Add the incoming webhook integration to Slack.
- 3.On the new app page:
- 1.Select the channel you want PagerTree to post to.
- 2.Click Add Incoming Webhooks IntegrationSelect the channel messages should post to.
- 4.Scroll down to the Integration Settings Section.
- 1.Customize Name - PagerTree
- 3.Click the Copy URL link next to the Webhook URL.
- 4.Click Save Settings Button.Copy the Slack Webhook URL.
- 2.In the New integration form:
- 1.Name - Input a friendly name
- 2.URL - Paste the Slack URL you copied earlier.
- 3.Events - Select the events you would like to get notified of.
- 3.Click Create.
You have successfully completed the Slack (post to channel) Integration.
You can suppress outgoing messages by using the integration outgoing rules (ex: You only want a certain teams messages to a channel). Please see Outgoing Webhook - Outgoing Rules for full documentation on the functionality.