Form Integration Guide
|Logo||Company||Estimated Time||Functionality||Vendor Docs|
The Form integration is one-way, meaning:
- When a form is submitted, an alert is created in PagerTree automatically.
|pricing||Forms require the Pro or Elite pricing plan.|
In this integration tutorial we will show you how to create a form integration in PagerTree. The estimated time for this integration is 1 minute. We assume that you already have a PagerTree account setup.
- From the action button, click the “Create Integration” button.
- In the “Create Integration” box, fill out the following:
- Name of the Integration.
- Select the Type to Form
- Select an appropriate Urgency for when this integration is triggered
- Select the Team this alert will be assigned to
- Click Save
- Copy the Endpoint URL
- In Chrome or Firefox, paste the Endpoint URL in the location bar and click Enter. (Please note: the first rendering of this page might be slow, this is because PagerTree is self signing certificates to make this a secure connection. Subsequent renders will be faster)
- In the form, enter the details requested.
- Click Submit
The form integration has the ability to require (or not require) specific fields. Below is the list of options described in detail.
|1||Form Title||The HTML title attribute. This is what is displayed in the top of a users browser tab. Also used for names of bookmarks|
|2||Form Header||The H1 title of the form. This is the bold text at the top of the form|
|3||Form Instructions||The instructions for the form. This is the text below the header|
|4||Footer Text||The text displayed at the bottom of the form. Can be used in combination with Footer Link. (ex: “mycompany.com”)|
|5||Footer Link||A url that the Footer Text links to (ex: “https://mycompany.com”). Footer Text is required for this option to work|
|Email Required||Should the submitters email be required?|
|Phone Required||Should the submitters phone be required?|
|Description Required||Should the description of the alert be required?|
|Urgency Required||Should the urgency be required? (If the urgency is not required it will be hidden)|
|6||CNAMES||See section below|
You can configure a CNAME for your form so it can be hosted under your own domain (https://support.example.com).
|Note||Please create the CNAME in your DNS first. Self signed certificates depend on the CNAME existing before its configured in PagerTree|
- In your DNS provider
- Create a CNAME record of your choice pointing to forms.pagertree.com (ex: support.example.com -> forms.pagertree.com). Consult your DNS provider’s documentation for specific instructions on creating CNAME records.
Record Name Target CNAME support forms.pagertree.com
- In PagerTree
- Navigate to the form
- Under the Integration Settings find the CNAMES field and double click it to edit
- Add your CNAME alias, and make sure to click enter (ex: support.example.com)
- Click Save
- Navigate to your CNAME url (ex: https://support.example.com) in your browser and you should now see the form.
You have successfully completed the Form Integration. Now when a user submits the form, PagerTree will create an alert and route it to the correct team member that is on-call. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com