Pingdom Integration Guide
Pingdom is a service that tracks the uptime, downtime, and performance of websites.
Pingdom triggers user defined alerts by monitoring website uptime, downtime, and performance. PagerTree acts as the dispatcher for these alerts, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules. PagerTree notifies them via email, sms, voice, and/or push notifications until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
The Pingdom integration is one-way, meaning:
- When an check is down (
previous_state == "UP" && current_state == "DOWN") in Pingdom, an alert is created in PagerTree automatically.
- When an check is up (
previous_state == "DOWN" && current_state == "UP") in Pingdom, the alert is resolved in PagerTree automatically.
In this integration tutorial we will show you how to send alerts from Pingdom into PagerTree. The estimated time for this integration is 5 minutes. We assume that you already have a PagerTree and Pingdom account setup. It is also assumed you have created at least 1 Pingdom check. If you need more information on how to create a new Pingdom check, please see Pingdom’s documentation.
- From the action button, click the “Create Integration” button.
- In the “Create Integration” box, fill out the following:
- Name of the Integration.
- Select the Type to Pingdom
- Select an appropriate Urgency for when this integration is triggered
- Select the Team this alert will be assigned to
- Click Save
- Copy the Endpoint URL
- Click Menu -> Integrations -> Integrations
- On the Integrations Page click “Add Integration”
- In the Add Alert box
- Select Type “Webhook”
- Name the integration appropriately (ex: PagerTree Integration)
- Paste the PagerTree Endpoint URL you copied for URL
- Ensure the Active checkbox is checked
- Click “Save integration”
- Navigate to a check and click “Edit”
- Scroll to the bottom of the “Edit Check” dialog and ensure the integration checkbox next to your new integration is checked
- Click “Modify check”
You have successfully completed the Pingdom Integration. Now when Pingdom creates an alert, PagerTree will create an alert and route it to the correct team member that is on-call. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org