PRTG Network Monitor Integration Guide
PRTG monitors your whole IT infrastructure 24/7 and alerts you to problems before users even notice.
How PRTG users benefit from PagerTree
PRTG triggers notifications when a sensor’s check fails. PagerTree acts as the dispatcher for these notifications, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules. PagerTree notifies them via email, sms, voice, and/or push notifications until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
Functionality of Integration
The PRTG integration is one-way, meaning:
- When the payload status is down (
status === "Down"), an alert is created in PagerTree automatically.
- When the payload status contains “now: up” (
status contains "now: up"), the alert is resolved in PagerTree automatically.
In this integration tutorial we will show you how to send PRTG notifications into PagerTree. The estimated time for this integration is 10 minutes. We assume that you already have a PagerTree account setup and have a PRTG server setup with atleast 1 sensor.
- From the action button, click the “Create Integration” button.
- In the “Create Integration” box, fill out the following:
- Name of the Integration,
- Select the Type to PRTG
- Select an appropriate Urgency for when this integration is triggered
- Select the Team this alert will be assigned to
- Click Save
- Copy the Endpoint URL
- Menu -> Setup -> Account Settings -> Notification Templates
- Click the Add Notification Template button.
- On the Add Notification Template Page:
- Under Basic Settings
- Template Name - PagerTree
- Under Notification Summarization
- Method - Always notify ASAP, never summarize
- Enable Execute HTTP Action
- URL - Paste the PagerTree Endpoint URL you previously copied.
- HTTP Method - POST
- Payload - Copy and paste the following. You can additionally add any other placeholder variable and PagerTree will add it in the additional data section of the alert (sensorid and status are required).
- Under Basic Settings
- Navigate to a sensor, device, or group and under the Notification Triggers, click the pencil icon to edit, then select the following:
- When sensor state is Down for at least 30 seconds, perform :// PagerTree
- When sensor state is Down for at least 900 secons, perform no notification and repeat every 0 minutes.
- When sensor leaves Down state after a notification was triggered, perform :// PagerTree
- Click the check mark icon button to save.
You have successfully completed the PRTG Integration. Now when a PRTG notification is triggered, PagerTree will create an alert and route it to the correct team member that is on-call. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org