Slack Incoming WebHooks Integration Guide
|Logo||Company||Estimated Time||Functionality||Vendor Docs|
|Slack Technologies, Inc.||3 minutes||One-Way||view|
Slack brings team communication and collaboration into one place so users can get more work done.
- PagerTree to Slack (post to channel) - Continue reading this page
- Slack to PagerTree (keyword trigger) - See Slack Outgoing Webhooks
- Slack Notifications - See Slack Notifications
Messages are sent to Slack Incoming Webhooks that post to channels, making sure the right channels are notified of alerts.
The Slack Incoming Webhooks integration is one-way, meaning:
- When an alert in PagerTree is opened/acknowledged/resolved/dropped, PagerTree will post a message to a channel of your choice.
In this integration tutorial we will show you how to send alerts from PagerTree into Slack. The estimated time for this integration is 3 minutes. We assume that you already have a PagerTree and Slack account setup.
- Go to Slack Incoming Webhooks App Page
- On the App page, click “Add to Slack” button.
- On the new app page:
- Select the channel you want PagerTree to post to.
- Click Add Incoming Webhooks Integration
- Scroll down to the Integration Settings Section.
- Customize Name - PagerTree
- Customize Icon - download this image and upload it.
- Click the Copy URL link next to the Webhook URL.
- Click Save Settings Button.
- From the action button, click the “Create Integration” button.
- In the “Create Integration” box, fill out the following:
- Name of the Integration. (ex: “Slack Channel - #Devops”)
- Select the Type to Slack (Post to Channel).
- Click Save.
- In the Integration Options section:
- Double click the Webhook URL option.
- Paste the URL you copied earlier.
- Click Save.
- Enable Events that should trigger messages to your channel.
You have successfully completed the Slack Incoming Webhooks Integration. Now when an alert event is created in PagerTree and it matches your preferences, PagerTree will send a message to Slack Incoming Webhooks. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com