UptimeRobot Integration Guide
UptimeRobot provides a free website monitoring service, supporting multiple monitoring types including HTTP, keyword, ping, and port.
How UptimeRobot users benefit from PagerTree
UptimeRobot triggers user defined alerts by monitoring websites. PagerTree acts as the dispatcher for these alerts, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules. PagerTree notifies them via email, sms, voice, and/or push notifications until the incident is acknowledged or closed.
Functionality of Integration
The UptimeRobot integration is one-way, meaning:
- When a monitor is Down (
alertTypeFriendlyName == 'Down') in UptimeRobot, an incident is created in PagerTree automatically.
- When a monitor is Up (
alertTypeFriendlyName == 'Up') in UptimeRobot, the incident is resolved in PagerTree automatically.
In this integration tutorial we will show you how to send alerts from UptimeRobot into PagerTree. The estimated time for this integration is 5 minutes. We assume that you already have a PagerTree and UptimeRobot account setup.
- From the navigation menu, click the “+ Integration” button.
- In the “Create Integration” box, fill out the following:
- Name of the Integration,
- Select the Integration Type to UptimeRobot
- Select an appropriate urgency for when this integration is triggered
- Select the team this incident will be assigned to
- Click “Create”
- Copy the Endpoint URL
- Click My Settings from the top navigation bar.
- On the right hand side, under the Alert Contacts section, click the Add Alert Contact button.
- On the New Alert Contact Form
- Alert Contact Type - Webhook
- Friendly Name - Name the Contact (e.g. “PagerTree Webhook”)
- URL to Notify - Paste the PagerTree Endpoint URL you copied for the Endpoint URL
- Enabled notifications for - Up & down events
- Click “Create Alert Contact” button
- From the left hand monitors menu, select the monitor you wish to foward to PagerTree and click Edit
- On the Edit Monitor Form
- Under the Select “Alert Contacts To Notify” section, ensure the PagerTree contact is checked
- Click the Save Changes button
You have successfully completed the UptimeRobot Integration. Now when UptimeRobot creates an alert, PagerTree will create an incident and route it to the correct team member that is on-call. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org